New Cisco Certifications
The world is changing, so our industry. Cisco is trying to keep up with the pace also on the certification market, so they are changing the structure of the current program effective from 2020 February. The following picture illustrates the new tracks. Everything will be more and more software focused, and that is what reflected in the DevNet certifications. What will be included?
- Developing Applications using Cisco Core Platforms & APIs
- Implementing DevOps Solutions and Practices using Cisco Platforms
- Developing Solutions using Cisco IoT & Edge Platforms
- Developing Applications for Cisco Webex and Webex Devices
- Automating and Programming Cisco Enterprise Solutions
- Automating and Programming Cisco Security Solutions
- Automating and Programming Cisco Service Provider Solutions
- Automating and Programming Cisco Collaboration Solutions
- Automating and Programming Cisco Data Center Solutions
The DevNet professional certification will include a core and a concentration exam, which will be up to us to choose from a number of exams. I hope that these automation and Software focused exams will not be too Cisco focused, and that seems to be the case if the main study material will be on devnet.cisco.com. At some point, there might be a CCIE DevNet also. Point is that we are moving into a direction where Infrastructure Engineering and Software engineering are closing together.
All the details are included in the presentation.